※ This guide is for invited education administrators group only
2019 International Conference of Korean Language Educators Abroad, co-hosted by the Ministry of Education(MOE) and the National Institute for International Education (NIIED), will be held in July 2019. We hope many Korean language instructors and related education administrators abroad will participate in this event with great interest.
◦ Conference name : 2019 International Conference of Korean Language Educators Abroad
◦ Date : July 8. 2019 ~ July 13. (6 days)
※ The schedule may change based on the result of discussion on the joint program with other ministries. If it is changed, the revised schedule will be announced.
◦ Location : Seoul (to be confirmed)
◦ Participation : Around 130 Korean Language Educators Abroad
◦ Financial Supports
- Airfare : Round-trip airfare (for economy class tickets from country of residence to Korea) will be covered
- Expenses during the event : Accommodation & meals
※ Education administrators will be housed in single rooms
※ Meals will be provided from Jul 9, Day 2 of the conference
※ All events are scheduled to finish by 18:00
※ The schedule is subject to change
※ Education administrator group : Separate programs will be provided from July 10th to July 12th(a.m.)
◦ Joint program : Opening ceremony, Keynote speech & forum, Korean culture experience, Awards, Closing ceremony
◦ Program for education administrators
◦ Eligibility for Application
- Education administrators of educational institutes(Government, Education office, University, School, etc.) from countries that teach Korean as a second foreign language or plan to select Korean as a second foreign language
- A person in charge of Korean language distribution in Korean diplomatic office
◦ Criteria for referral of diplomatic office
- In principle, educational administrators involved in the project to adopt Korean as a foreign language in elementary, middle and high schools overseas are preferred.
- Education officials who are influential in adopting Korean as a foreign language will be preferred.
- Applicants who have been benefitted from other national organization for participating in a similar conference or training program will be excluded (Application history will be checked).
- Applicants who have received financial supports for training programs in Korea as a Korean language distribution project by MOE will be excluded or limited to a minimum.
- Application should be done through Korean diplomatic offices in the country of residence : Applicants should submit the application documents below to the diplomatic office.
- Application documents : Application form ‧ Curriculum Vitae ‧ Consent for the provision of personal information - on a prescribed form - and Proof of employment
◦ Deadline : May 15.(Wed) 2019
◦ Notification of acceptance
- Notification will be sent to the relevant diplomatic office in the official letter and to selected applicants via their personal email at the end of May 2019
◦ Inquiry : Education Supervisor of NIIED, Cheong, Donguk
(+82)-2-3668-1343 / firstname.lastname@example.org